Istanbul's Hotel Monopol is located in Taksim - Beyoglu District, the heart of Istanbul. The Monopol's convenient location in the center of Istanbul's business, hotels, tourism, cultural and entertainment district makes it an ideal choice for your accommodations in Istanbul, Turkey. Enjoy the comfort, convenience and cosmopolitan environment at Istanbul's Hotel Monopol.
The Hotel Monopol has 64 comfortable and modern rooms with 7 suites. All rooms are equipped with private bathroom,central air-conditioning and heating system, direct dial telephone, minibar, satellite TV , wireless internet access and hairdryer. Our restaurant-bar has a seating capacity of 70, and serves a rich breakfast every day.
Where are we ?
We are in "Beyoğlu", also known as "Pera", which is Istanbul's center for entertainment, nightlife, culture, and shopping.
Beyoglu is live almost 24 hours, which means you can go out relatively safely even at nights. You will have the widest choice of cafes, restaurants, various shops, bookstores .... at your service even at very late hours. The city's longest pedestrian street is just 50 meters away from the hotel.
The hotel's central location makes it easier than elsewhere to reach any point in the city; major historic attractions are less than two kilometers away, the city's best restaurants, entertainment and culture venues are just around the corner, and the major convention centers are less than a kilometer away. Taksim Square which is like the transportation hub of Istanbul, is only 250 meters.
Big tourist attractions in Sultanahmet area beyond the bridge at approximately two kilometers distance, so you may have to take a vehicle to reach there.
Distances of the hotel to some major points of interest:
St. Sophia Museum
Esenler Bus Station
Sirkeci Train Station
Lutfi Kirdar Convention Center
The most convenient way of arriving the hotel from Ataturk Airport is by taxi. Here are Turkish instructions for taxi drivers to find our hotel easily:
"Taksim istikametinden gelirken : 3. ışıklardan (İngiliz konsolosluğunun önünden )sola dönün daha sonra sağa dönün. 200 mt ilerde eski Amerikan Konsolosluğu karşısındayız.
Unkapanı istikametinden gelirken : Unkapanı köprüsünü geçtikten sonra 3. ışıklardan sağa dönün sonra tekrar sağa dönün 200 mt ilerde soldayız. Ayrıca eski Amerikan Konsolosluğunun karşısındayız ."
Other Tips :
* As of April 2008, a taxi from Ataturk Airport costs about 27-30 YTL which is equal to about 15-17 Euros (in daytime). ( 25 Euros after midnight)
* You can also choose to take our transfer service, which costs 20 euros, for up to 8 people.(from Ataturk Airport - for Sabiha the price is different) This is a more economic choice for groups.
* The light tramway (or light rail), takes off from the airport and arrives at Aksaray Station as the last stop which is 5 minutes' distance to our hotel by taxi. (light rail ticket 1.3 YTL, taxi approximately 5 YTL)
* The airport service shuttle "Havas" takes off from Ataturk airport at nearly every half an hour and the last stop is Taksim Square. Cost is 9 YTL per person. (see Taksim at http://www.havas.com.tr/en/otobus_istanbul_ahl.asp) You can drop off at "Tepebasi" next to our hotel, (please tell this to the driver) or get off at the final stop, Taksim Square. Our hotel is 2 minutes by taxi drive from Taksim Square, or 15 minutes by walk (There is a Havas Shuttle bus every half an hour from 04:00 in the morning until 01:00 at night. The return from Taksim to the airport is the same schedule)
* The airport service shuttle "Havas" takes off from Sabiha Gokcen Airport at the arrival of every plane and the last stop is Taksim Square. Cost is 10 YTL per person. (see Taksim at http://www.havas.com.tr/en/otobus_istanbul_saw.asp). A taxi from Sabiha Airport costs not less than 35 Euros. (60 YTL)